Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where Have I Been

Alright. Back again. This thing is still new to me. At some pointI'll figure out how to make it part of my weekly routine. So, lots has happened since the last time I posted on here. My sister got married this weekend. It was a beautiful wedding. She looked gorgeous and the food was awesome. The mashed potato bar was by far the best I've had in a long time. 

So the weekend started out with me staying up until 5:30 AM Friday morning working on AB and Drew's slideshow that we showed at the reception. This slideshow wasn't like a regular one, it had video and music and all that stuff in it - pictures that flashed while they were speaking on video. So, I worked my butt off Thursday night into Friday morning getting that ready for the rehearsal dinner. Didn't get a nap at all before the RD, so I was exhausted and probably didn't act myself at the dinner. Saturday came along, and I slept through the guy's lunch - they went to Groucho's ... which makes it even worse that I missed it - I didn't even hear the phone ring, I was so exhausted. Once I finally got up, I had to run AB's dress to the church for my parents, then head back home, get dressed, and head right back to the church for pictures at 3. Needless to say, only 2 of the 9 guys in the wedding were dressed, so we missed taking pictures when we were supposed to. But, that's ok. 

The wedding was really nice - the vocalist, Katie Morton, 
did an amazing job on the songs. Drew was emotional from the beginning - it's nice to 
see guys that don't mind shedding a tear every now and then. Poor guy already had the trembling lip when I was walking down to get to my spot. 

The reception was fun - the band played some good music, and everyone danced until it was time to leave. They left to bubbles which was actually really pretty. And now they are fighting Hurricane Dolly in Mexico!!! I think it's already passed them, but it's still pretty close by. No fun! Hopefully they'll have a great time regardless. 

No comments: